a party frock



With the scent of a birthday party in the air, Lucy immediately asked to wear her pink silk dress to the event. It's such a curse to handwash and press though (and having it drycleaned after every wear would be quite ludicrous), so I offered to make her a new party dress, one that would be better suited to the rigours of a child's birthday party. I made this offer the morning of the party. What a fool am I! I sketched during breakfast, Lucy picked the fabric and I drafted the pattern after breakfast (ah yes, there was no pattern), and then I sewed like nothing else when Audrey went down for her morning sleep. To make this structured linen dress a bit edgier, we added an exposed bright pink heavy duty zip.


Of course Audrey had to get a new top too (I am learning very fast the importance of keeping things even). It's in a Liberty print and lined in a sheer pink, silk-like linen.