Pepe: Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo Is Better Than Barcelona’s Lionel Messi

Pepe: Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo Is Better Than Barcelona’s Lionel Messi

Pepe believes that Real Madrid team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo is a better player than Barcelona star Lionel Messi because he has more aspects to his game.

The Brazilian-born defender has returned from a ten-match ban for punching and stamping on an opponent and is enjoying the limelight that he being given.

With both Ronaldo and Messi constantly being compared in the Spanish media, Pepe has waded into the debate and sided with his fellow Portugal international.

"Cristiano Ronaldo is better because he is capable of scoring goals with his head, with both feet and from free kicks, as well as creating goals," he told Marca.

"He is a spectacular player, able to incredible things. He has a great desire to win and he his going to help us a lot."

Reflecting on his ten-match ban and the incident that led to the punishment, Pepe admits that he has learnt from it.

"What I did was wrong, but I served my suspension and all I want to do now is work hard and help my team. I was happy to return and I am now eager to do my very best," he continued.

"My friends and family gave me their full support. They know what kind of guy I am and I am grateful. I know I have a lot to learn, but I have apologised for what I did."

Lucas Brown, Goal.com