Bridal Accoutrements Etc.

Before the photographer arrived I tried to get out some of the final little details that I would like captured on film. My worry was that it was going to look too contrived. I can appreciate why many Brides like seemingly staged accessory pics, but I was trying to avoid "posing" my own accessories as much as possible.

The following pic is somewhat posed though ;p…I did place my little purse (that my Aunt/Godmother) made for me as well as my garter.


It just so happened that I placed them on top of my "wedding file". I had been working on the file for the last two years. At one point it was bulging with ideas/clippings/notes etc…but once the wedding day came I only required:
-Day Of Itinerary
-MC Itinerary
-Vendor Contacts
-Hotel Reservation
-Honeymoon/Flight Information



I think it is appropriate that I have a picture of it…the wedding evolved out of that simple purple folder ;)

I'm a little surprised that I'm posting the following toe pic…as I'm not a big fan of my toes or toes in general! But, I received a handful of them…so I thought I'd post what I deem is the "cutest toe pic"…lol. One of the things that got left off of the "to do list" and out of the budget was a pedicure. I *heart pedicures…but I ended up running out of time…and running out of budget - it is just one of those things that I didn't place as a top priority. I would have loved to have my toesies pampered - especially for pics like this…it is another one of those "oh wells":


Brides can have as many accoutrements or a little as they like. I like to think I fell somewhere in the middle. I did have a veil (see veil post ;), but no tiara. In place of a tiara, I had a small hair comb to add a little je ne say quoi to my hairdo when my veil came off (which was immediately after pictures).


I also had my lovely little purse that my Aunt Mary crochet for me:


As well as my DIY garter (I just had one to toss… My hubby did end up taking off the "Harris" pin as he wanted to keep it. But I have no idea where it is :(


And of course my bouquet:


And although not really an accessory, I had my "Day Of" itinerary on me as well:


I even have a picture of my sister/MOH getting good use out of it ;)


Finally I wore the pearl and diamond earring that hubby gave me for Christmas the year we got engaged and the pearl necklace he gave me as a wedding gift:


I don't have the most charismatic movements…so I don't have any of those gorgeous pics of me putting on my shoes - you know the ones I'm talking about - where the Bride elegantly leans down to put her shoes on? Or pokes her toes out from beneath her dress for one of her bridesmaids to put her shoes on… I do have this pic:


don't forget the foot petals!:




My shoes were so badly ruined they were thrown in the garbage at a gas station on the way to the airport the night of our wedding/morning after our wedding.