Getting The Dress On

As I mentioned in a previous post, the morning of the wedding woke up to a beautiful sunrise…I then turned the airconditioner off (Pat had turned it up to the max the night before - brrr…, checked the weather channel (no rain!) and promply fell back asleep. I awoke again a few hours later at 8:00am anxious for the day to begin.

My sister, Karen, was going to pick me up at around 9:45am to drive us to our 10:00am hair appointment…she was right on time :)

I really enjoyed the time alone in my hotel room - but at the same time, it did feel kind of lonely. I could have had my sister, or now sister in laws stay with me…but I think I really would have preferred Patrick to be there. I don't regret my decision to spend the night before my wedding away from my fiance…but I don't think I would have regretted staying with him either. I have always fantasized about seeing my hubs for the first time on our wedding day walking down the aisle…but I don't think it really would have mattered if he saw me in my pjs or jeans…the big reveal really comes when everyone is dressed in their finest anyway.

Just a little food for thought…I didn't really give it the thought I should've - espeically considering Patrick pushed to stay the night together…oh well!

Onto the getting ready part. Our photographer was set to arrive at 1:30-ish to take some pictures. The plan was for the 'maids to be dressed and ready to go. I would then get dressed once the photog arrived. When she got there I was in my customized tank (don't hate me for it…lol…I love personalized stuff!):



Before Melissa, our photographer, arrived I'd ordered up some OJ to add to the champagne I'd brought for mimoas…can you see my frugility here? So, we sat around and enjoyed these for awhile. I'd also bought a couple of donuts and muffins (I think only one muffin though…it was all Timmies had left - lol)…we munched on those too. It was funny that although I hadn't really eaten much the week before the wedding (I was PARANOID…like severly…that my dress wouldn't zip up - terrible feelings to have) and was often really hungry…I had like NO appeitie on the day of the wedding. This is not like me. I love food soooo much (hence the 5-7 pounds I've since gained back) - I guess my nerves were bothering me.

After the sitting around for a while (well, I was kind of pacing - I didn't know what to do with myself!). I opened the gift Patrick gave me…I kind of already knew what it was (shhh!)…but it made for some photo-ops:



I'm looking at my MOH, Meg, here…I think she was teasing me because she knew I knew what the gift was…lol - so contrived!







Before I knew it, it was time to put on THE dress :)

I'm a pretty modest girl…which made putting on a wedding gown in front of 5 other people an interesting experience! I made them all promise not to look ;) Of course it was a-ok for the photog to take a few pics…but none of me in my knickers!











Yay - it fits!!!