Bridal Portraits

Once I was dressed, Melissa (our Photog) took a few "bridal portraits." When I look back on them, they make me feel a little narcissistic, but at the same time, I'm very glad to have them. What I like most about many of them, was Melissa's editing. She is able to make my skin look soooo good. When in fact I'm wearing minimal foundation/cover-up, and I suffer from rosacea. It is so nice to see myself with somewhat "flawless" skin…teheheheh :)

This one is kind of neat:


I like this one because you can see my eye makeup and how minimal it was… As I've mentioned before, I did my own makeup as I wanted to wear very little - so happy I went with my gut and didn't pay a professional to cake it on!


I think I look really calm in this one…and I also think I look a lot like my Dad too:








In this one I'm pretending to be looking out the window for my husband to be…lol:



Depending on your photographer they will give you lots of direction, or very little. I think Melissa fell somewhere in between. She provided some ideas on posing. For example the ones of me on the bed and looking out the window. But in terms of facial expression, she didn't really direct me too much on when to smile etc.

It was a little awkward for me to be the center of attention. Who knew, eh!? Who would have thought that on my wedding day, everyone would be looking at me and talking to me..lol… When we were doing the bridal pics my sister, sister in laws and mother in law were all in the room with me. Luckily it was a large suite so they were able to sit on the couch etc…and although I love them dearly I was still a little shy to have them all staring at me…lol…yes, I know, I'm a little weird.

Anyhoo, my photog did let me know that I’m a little quick to move my head between shots…like I didn't hold my smile long enough…or I shifted my eyes a lot…well, it was because I was a wee bitty nervous. Oh well, she was still able to get lots of pics :)